Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More about IKE?

I know I'm like a broken record... IKE, IKE, IKE... I don't know why his name is spelled in all caps except he is a lot to be around. Everywhere we go there is someone that says, "there's Ike". I don't know these people, or I've met them once at the store or something. He is very memorable.

All these pictures where taken on Saturday during their photo shoot by me. I don't know how, or I've never learned to adjust the aperture and shutter speed on my canon rebel so if any one knows please comment me, so my pictures are not near as good as Jamie with Dimples and Dirt Photography. But anyway here they are.

Ike was definitely not on his best exuberant behavior that morning. He was kinda shy-which is really really weird. I think it was because some of the other kids (not pictured) were crying, so C and Ike did not preform as expected. Although some of C's pictures were Parent magazine cover worthy.

Anyway, Ike has really come into his own man, again, recently. Tuesday why visiting the school where my mom works, Ike looked at me and said, "I gotta go". So we left. He kept saying this in a really funny tone until we got out the door, "I gotta go, I gotta go...". Then the next day, while visiting her afternoon class he was walking up the stairs, I offered to help and he said, "just let me do it". Hahahahaha. The funniest thing about all his words is that he talks really fast like me.

He asked my friend, "what do you want?" for dinner tonight at a restaurant, and today at lunch I was talking to my buddy about how he screams when I try and work and I said, 'don't you?', so he screamed! then laughed! He named about 25% of his 100 first word book on Tuesday. He is just really shocking. If he had more than 6 teeth I might agree with his pediatrician that he is older than 17 months, plus his BFF C has has greater verbal ability than he does and she is the same age.

Also tonight for dinner at Sean Cummings (a local Irish Pub) he wanted to pick out his own outfit. We had just came back from a walk in the rain so he had to change from his Futbol World Cup Mexico shirt to recycle sweat shorts and a national zoo shirt with none other than his cowboy boots and half a stethoscope (which he wear constantly around the house).

He was happy, so were we. I mean, really, I wear work out clothes half my life and try to pull it off as an actual outfit. Too bad I'm also sweaty. Plus the other half the time I'm dress like a 14 years old in shorts and a tank top, unless I'm working-then a suit.

IKE has his own style and now he's rockin' a tail.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Awwwww...he is so adorable I just want to hug him!!!!! Wow, he is saying alot, too. So sweet. Love all the pics.

Jenny said...

the "i gotta go" cracks me up!