Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just a small update

Maybe some some of you have been wondering how we have been with the new changes in school and work. I started thinking about this and, somewhat sadly, this is where all my family gets their information about us.

Last week we all started new things. Luke was out of town for work. He was a key note speaker on sustainable housing (first for a conference that big and first for green housing). He was on NPR in Kansas City (first) on the Walt Bodien show. He was amazing!

Ike started his new school. I guess I never realized how frustrated he was at his old school. He used to come home and be very grumpy. Now he comes home and is a complete hoot. AND he stopped crying when I drop him off in the morning, although I do think that is because he gets second breakfast when he gets there. Second because he also eats breakfast before we leave too. At school, he gets his choice of two cereals. He has also made friends and Luke says that he has a 'dirt gang'. Apparently, Ike and a few other children hang out in the little house on the play ground and eat dirt and, from what I hear, they are a pretty exclusive group. His words have improved too in the last couple weeks. Yesterday, he started singing 'Old MacDonald', like a whole verse. And tonight we started signing some of it and then having him finish, super cute. His favorite song these days is Dynamite by Taio Cruz. He likes to sing that on the way to school in the morning and also when he wakes up in his crib.

I started a new 'career' (I guess) as a property attorney for the OK Military Department. So far so good. They are still working on my clearance so I haven't gotten computer access yet, but I have been able to review some files and get to know a few people. Everyone seems nice and I think I will like the job. The best part to me is that I get an hour a day to work out! What!!! That was a deal to me. I have been working out, starting this week, with a group doing Insanity which is produced by Beach Body and is basically a crazy hard core cardio class.

Anyway, things are going pretty good over here. I even have a little girl in our neighborhood coming over to take care of Sculley and Mulder once a day. Aunt Lizzie has also been helping.

Amb over and out.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

glad to hear Ike loves his new school! i'm sure that helps A LOT! and your new job sounds pretty cool! especially the hour to work out... whoa! love it! and way to go, Luke... so awesome!